Purpose: You can organize your parts better by sorting them into categories and subcategories, making it easier to identify similar parts. You can categorize your parts in any way you need, this could be to specify different materials such as copper or PVC, for example, which could then have further subcategories allowing you to describe your parts with greater specificity.
- In order to add a parts category, go to your System settings. From the 'Parts management' section, open 'Categories'.
- On the right-hand side of this page, you will have a list of all your existing part categories displayed.
- To add to this list, type in the name of your new part category on the left and it will appear on the right when you click 'Add category' or press enter on your keyboard (this is particularly helpful when adding in many categories).
- You can edit and delete the individual categories by clicking either the delete or edit button accordingly (above). Once you have made any edits, ensure to 'Save' them.
Please note -- a category cannot be deleted if it has a subcategory assigned to it. The subcategory will need to be deleted or moved to a different category.
Purpose: This setting allows you to set subcategories related to your main part categories. This helps with your inventory and management on the job as well as being able to drill down concise materials you use when working in your daily workflow.
- Go to system settings > Subcategories.
- To add a sub-category, select a category to add your subcategory. Then type in the sub-category field what you’d like to add. After that, tap ‘Add subcategory’.
- To edit, click on edit. From here you will be able to alter the entry and re-save.
- To delete entries, click on delete. To delete in Commusoft you must type delete and tap confirm in the pop-up module. If you are unable to delete an entry, you will be given a reason why.