In order to use Word Documents in the creation of your forms, you must first have Microsoft Word (2016 or newer) enabled on your computer (not 'pages' or any other form of a word processor, as the system will download the actual plugin from the Microsoft store itself).
Note: The word document must be smaller than 32mb in order to upload.
- Within MS word itself will be the option to 'get add-ins' from the 'insert' menu(above).
- From this menu, you can search 'Commusoft' and add the extension from here. You will need to use your normal Commusoft login to access the system.
- If you have already created the form as you like in Commusoft, then once you download the extension to word, you will be able to select it from a dropdown menu:
- Any pages you have added on the system will be available here, you will be able to see all the fields that you have added once you've opened the page.
- All the fields that you have added to the selected page will be available once you have clicked it. Once selected, you will be able to use Word to craft this form by entering the fields where you would like them to be positioned, similar to tagging within Commusoft.
- Once the form has been completed within Word, you can click the 'Upload to Commusoft' button. You can then go to Commusoft and your list of custom forms where the 'Word document' column should change for this form to show 'Available' with a download option.
- You can then activate it by clicking 'Edit' next to the form itself and then marking the 'Is Active' checkbox from the side panel:
- You will have to ask your engineer to uninstall and then reinstall their mobile app in order to make this form available to them to use.