- Ensure you record the IMEI number on the device prior to installing it in the vehicle.
- The devices come pre-configured and with the sim card installed.
- You must assign the device to a user.
Installing the device into the vehicle
Self Installed (FMB001) These devices come with the SIM card installed and are preconfigured devices simply plug into the OBD2 port in the vehicle and go to step 1 below. You may need to purchase an OBD2 16 pin Male to Female extension cable to prevent protrusion.
Hard Wired (FMB920) These devices come with the SIM card installed and are preconfigured devices that will need to be professionally installed in order to hardwire them to the vehicle as per the manufacturer's website.
Once installed correctly, you should see two green lights flashing every second on the device.
1. Go to Company settings > Users > click 'View' next to the user you are assigning the vehicle tracker to.
2. Click 'Quick links' > Click 'Configure GPS device'.
3. Select Teltonika FMB001_Preconfigured from the dropdown.
4. Select the IMEI number from the dropdown box which you are assigning to this user. The dropdown will be populated with the trackers assigned to your Commusoft account.
5. Press 'Save', once the tracker is configured it will display on the map, this can take a few hours for the initial set-up and requires a trip to be completed in the vehicle.