If you have a discrepancy when raising the final invoice for a job created from an estimate, this is the result of the fact that the values of the initial invoice have been edited.
- The final invoice will always pull the initial figure from the estimate invoice schedule, not the actual invoice itself.
- The reason for this is because the customer has agreed to the terms of that estimate and the invoice schedule
Note: If you tend to edit the initial invoices you can put the value in the 'On completion' field and simply raise a partial invoice after you have accepted the estimate.
You can resolve this scenario with a small system workaround:
- Raise a credit note for the initial invoice amount, and any other invoices you have created.
- Go into the original estimate and clone it.
- Amend the invoice schedule to include the correct values (If you are creating an initial invoice again, ensure it is the correct amount).
- Accept and create a new job.
- Complete the job as necessary, you can add a note referring to the other job number to reference the diary history there: Job notes and communications.