There is no way to merge customers as such, as this was a feature available in our old system that ended up having some negative knock-on effects on client data. There is, however, a specific workflow we advise for this scenario:
- First, go into the customer, click into their notes & communications tab.
- Add a new note with the title: 'Do Not Work With' and mark the note as 'Important'.
- After this, select, 'Do not work with again' and then 'Make available on mobile'.
- Once this is done, go back to the property and click 'Edit customer' mark their status as dormant. Also, take note of the old account number.
- The 'do not work with' feature will 'block' you from adding estimates and jobs to this property. The dormant feature will stop any automatic emails like service reminders.
- Create the new property or go into the customer you wanted to merge and in 'Notes & communications' add a note with the old account number and something along the lines of 'See old history here' and mark as important. You can then go into the old customer and add the new account number to the note.
- You can add an invoice address to a customer if you need to invoice someone else, like an insurance company or builder.
- To add an invoice address simply navigate to the property page, click 'Quick links' and select 'Invoice addresses'. See our help article below: