Embedding the online booking form into your website
- Go to your system settings, scroll down to the 'Online Portals section', and click 'Set up online booking form'.
- You will see the page below, click Generate 'HTML' then copy the text.
- Should you ever wish to turn off the online booking form, you can do so on this page you can click 'Remove access to online booking form' and that will inactivate the button. You would still need to remove the code from the website to remove the visual button from your website.
- If you accidentally click this button, you will need to generate new code and update the previous code (on your website), with the new code, as the previous code is permanently inactivated.
- Websites vary quite a lot, so naturally, this exact process may vary too - you'll need to discuss this with your website designer/ provider. Understandably, Commusoft's support team will not be able to assist in incorporating this code into your own website.
- In order to be notified of a job request through the online booking form, you need to enable your notification for it in settings.
- In order to do this, go to your system settings, scroll down to your notification preferences then click mini-app. After this, you can select the user groups you want to receive this notification.
Add job descriptions to the online booking form
To enable the descriptions to appear as a dropdown in the online booking form, you need to select the appear in website box on each of your job descriptions.
- To do this, go to your system settings, scroll down to 'job descriptions' then click 'Edit' once presented with the description that you want to appear.
- After this, tick the 'Appear in website' box. Repeat this for all job descriptions that you want to appear:
Set up confirmation email
While on this page, you can set up an email notification to be sent to your customers. Fill out the email subject and body text. You can click the 'Use tagging' button to add tags such as customer name or job description, which will populate from their booking details. Make sure to click 'Save' once complete.
- You are able to set up an automated confirmation email to let customers know their request has been received.
- You can use this as an opportunity to specify how you will be following up with them, when they can expect to hear from you, and any other next steps.
- Remember this email will be received by all customers who use the booking portal, so ensure it is general enough to apply to multiple job types:
Store payment cards
You are also able to set up credit/debit card functionality within the online booking form. This will add a prompt in the booking process for customers to add a card to their account (this is optional), the card details will be stored in Commusoft alongside the customer record for when a final invoice is issued.
To set this up, return to system settings scroll back down to 'Online Portals', select 'Set up online booking form'. Here you can choose whether or not the customer will be asked for a payment card.
The customer's experience
The online booking form is essentially a mini version of Commusoft, embedded directly into your website. This means the online booking form can access data stored within Commusoft, such as job descriptions based on the descriptions you set within settings.
- The customer can simply click a button on your website and fill in their details about the job they need completing.
- They will be asked to select a job type and date and preferred time, either morning or afternoon. They also have space to add any additional comments required.
- Next, the customer is asked for their email and postcode. This allows Commusoft to check whether the customer already exists in your customer database. If they are a new customer, they will be asked for more contact details and address.
- If Commusoft recognises a returning customer based on the initial postcode and email address provided, they will be presented with an address and asked to confirm if it's correct. This will allow the customer to bypass filling in their details again and will link the new job to their already existing customer record.
- Next, the customer is asked whether they wish to provide a credit/ debit card for later payment - note this is optional for the customer, and this prompt can be turned off entirely.
- Finally, the customer will be presented with the full booking request and asked to confirm.
- Once submitted, the confirmed job information is displayed and they are informed that they will receive a confirmation email (this is optional and customisable).
Once the customer completes the booking, the online booking form will take the information provided and create a job in Commusoft.
- If needed, the online booking form can also create a new customer within your customer database, using the information provided (as explained above).
- Once the customer has requested a job, you'll receive a notification in Commusoft to let you know a request has been made through the online booking form.
- The notification will contain the booking details, including the requested date and preferred time of day for you to consider when booking the job into the diary.