Purpose: A Daily license offers you flexibility especially if you work with sub-contractors who do not require to log on to the system each day and therefore reducing your costs.
- The cost of a Daily license varies per plan.
- In some cases a Monthly license can be cheaper depending on the days required.
- Subcontractors are not full-time employees or part-time PAYE employees. Subcontractors are engineers that work for you a few days a month.
- A Daily licence user can not be upgraded to a Monthly rolling or Contracted license, you would need to delete and re-add the user.
- Daily licences are billed retrospectively.
- Daily licences are not available on our legacy pricing plans.
- If a single user performs more than one action in a day, only one day will be billed for.
How do I assign a Daily license?
You need to ensure you have a Daily license available to use: Licenses
Once you have a Daily license available you need to assign it to the user: Adding a user (new plans)
How do the Daily license charges work?
Daily license is based on usage, this includes anyone who logs into the PC or mobile device. The following actions are considered as usage and will be billed for:
- A diary event booked into the software for a particular day.
- A diary event that’s been accepted, rejected, cancelled etc for a particular day.
- Logging into the PC/Mac.
Here are some examples:
John Smith is a subcontractor on Commusoft. You as the business owner/office person book in a Job for John to attend on Friday 22nd August. You put the Job in the diary and John receives the information to his smartphone -- In this instance, Commusoft would then charge the day rate for this subcontractor. If John has 5 jobs on the 22nd you would still be billed for a single day rate.
John decides to log in at the weekend and accept his jobs for Monday via the mobile app -- Commusoft would then charge the day rate for this as it would be classed as an administrative task.
John decides to log in on a day he doesn’t have a diary event and book in a job/estimate/normal event into his diary for another day -- Commusoft would then charge the day rate for this as it would be classed as an administrative task.