Please read the overview article before completing these steps: QuickBooks online: Overview.
If you've been using Commusoft and QuickBooks independently then you should have the same customers/suppliers in both systems.
- The problem is that there is no link between these customer/supplier records and therefore when importing data from Commusoft to QuickBooks, Commusoft will create a new customer/supplier record in QuickBooks. This duplication isn't ideal.
- To avoid this you need to 'tell Commusoft' that the customer/supplier already exists in QuickBooks. To do this you need to get the customer/supplier ID number from QuickBooks and tell Commusoft to associate the customer/supplier with this number.
Get customer/supplier ID:
- To link existing customers/suppliers from QuickBooks to customers/suppliers in Commusoft, you will first need the ID of the customer/supplier in QuickBooks.
- Click on the customer/supplier from your customer/supplier list.
- The customer/supplier ID is displayed in the URL. Copy this, as this number will be used to link the customer/supplier between Commusoft and QuickBooks.
- First, go to your Commusoft company settings.
- Scroll down and click into 'Accounting interfaces'.
- Then you will see your accounting integration dashboard. Click into 'Quick links' then select 'Link customers and suppliers'.
- You will see a page with all of your customers/suppliers on. Paste (right-click in the box and paste) the code into the 'Accounting reference' column.
- Repeat for all customers/suppliers.
Note: You can also link customers via their account page. Simply search for the customer/supplier and click Edit in the top right. Then in the third-party accounting code box, paste the number in.
Go back to: QuickBooks online: Overview.