If you haven't added a credit note yet, click here to learn how to add a credit note.
- In order to add a credit note against one of your invoices, first, search for the job or invoice you're looking for. You can search for it using the invoice or job number.
- Once located, go to 'Quick Links' and select 'Raise credit note' from the 'Financial' side.
- After this, complete the credit note details and select the kind of breakdown you would like to use. Once you have entered all the necessary information, click 'Save'.
Credit note details:
This is where you can type the description of the credit note. i.e boiler install credit.
You can add more details to the credit note with more information for the customer.
You can edit the date of the credit note - this automatically sets to the date from your computer.
You can select how you want the credit note is organised:
- No breakdown: One line item with the total price.
- Breakdown by category: Split the credit note by labour and parts.
- Full breakdown: Split the credit note into individual line items.
- Full breakdown by category: Split the credit note into line items, grouped by category (labour/parts).
This is where you will add the price/items to the credit note.
- Click in the fields and enter the information as required.
- You can use your keyboard to toggle through the spreadsheet quickly by using enter to go into the next column.
- If there is a drop-down, use the up/down arrows to navigate through the list, then press enter to select it.
Please note -- The credit note will be pre-filled with items from the invoice, assuming you're crediting the full amount.