Please read the overview article before completing these steps: QuickBooks desktop: Overview
- You should set the integration to manually send data until you fully understand the process.
- Before you send any data via the integration it is important to link your nominal codes and set up your tax.
- If customers do not have a title against them in Quickbooks Desktop and you choose to import these records, Commusoft will automatically place the first one in your system settings into this field as it is required within Commusoft: System Settings > Titles
- The web connector must be installed and running before you import customers, else this will not happen and you only get one opportunity to do import these records.
Choosing your package
1. In Commusoft go-to company settings > Accounting interface.
2. Select QuickBooks desktop > Choose package
3. Complete all 6 steps as shown in the screenshot below to install the Quickbooks Desktop Web connector. These instructions will also be emailed to you, the subject line is: Accounting Interface - QuickBook Setup Information.
It is important you do not click Next step, until, the web connector is set up correctly and running.
Completing setup and establishing preferences
Once the Quickbooks Desktop Web Connector is installed and running correctly as above please continue with the setup in Commusoft.
1. Would you like to import your customer and supplier database from Quickbooks Desktop into Commusoft? Read the information on the screen and choose the option you require > Next step
If you do not have a value in the title field in Quickbooks Desktop, Commusoft will automatically place the first one in your system settings into this field as it is required within Commusoft: System Settings > Titles
2. Read the information and tick the box to confirm your selection, then click 'Next step'.
3. You will be asked what date you would like the import to start from.
You can select the date you started using Commusoft, or you can select any date, today, past, or future. You can also backdate your accounting integration to the beginning of the current quarter, or the beginning of your financial year.
You can the current date so that moving forward all accounting information will be synced. You may also want to select a date in the future for the beginning of the next quarter or the next financial year.
Select your choice and click proceed to the next page.
4. Read the information and tick the box to confirm your selection, then click 'Next step'.
5. You can now select when you want Commusoft to send data to QuickBooks. You can select from Automatically (every two hours) or Manually (when you click the Send data button).
Please note if you choose automatic, you can still manually sync Commusoft and QuickBooks by clicking the Send data button at any time you wish.
Important: We recommend setting your integration to manually send data until you fully understand the process.
Select your choice and click 'Next step'.
6. Read the information and tick the box to confirm your selection, then proceed to the 'Next steps'.
7. The accounting integration has now been set up and you will see this confirmation page. Read the information carefully and click 'Close.'
8. You will now see the accounting integration dashboard.
You will have some data in the waiting to be sent box. This means that data is ready to send to QuickBooks, you can click the 'Send data now' button to send the data from Commusoft to QuickBooks.