In order to prevent a failed import, you must make sure that your data is clean. This means that you must make sure that all data is valid and correct.
The file will fail to import if:
- Part name or type is blank
- Cost, markup is not a valid number, e.g 10, 10.00 (no symbols - £, %)
- Invalid Tax description (no symbols - £, %)
- You will need to edit your data and remove any commas by using find and replace with a blank to ensure your data conforms to CSV standards.
- It does not matter which order the information is provided in. When you import your data it will ask you to specify what each column is from a drop-down box.
- You must complete the required fields as a minimum.
- Ensure you 'Tax Component' an 'Tax Description' are set up correctly.
- It is important to check that the information you've uploaded has been correctly imported.
- Commusoft will not take any responsibility for the content and quality of any imported data.
- The import may take a few minutes depending on the size of your file.
- You can update the import if the prices change for example. To do this, please ensure that the part name, as well as the Manufacturer Part Number, are identical, then re-upload and all other fields will update.
The excel spreadsheet can have the following columns as listed in the table below. (Asterisks represent required fields without which you will not be able to import the spreadsheet).
|Part name*||This is a short description of the part i.e Copper pipe 3mm||Cannot be blank|
|Type*||Cannot be blank||Must be part|
|Manufacturer part number||The part number for reference only|
|Default install time|
|Cost||The cost of the part to you||Must be a number and not contain £|
|Mark up||The % you will add to the cost to make customer price||Must be a number and not contain %|
|Tax||The tax on this item||Must be the Tax Description (exactly as in the system setting)(no symbols - £, %)|
When you have read and understood the above click here to import parts and prices items to Commusoft