If you want to bulk import parts and prices you can do this by using a CSV file then you can do this by following the steps listed below.
Please note -- This import is for parts only, please do not upload appliances here.
- A CSV file can be created by either saving or exporting an excel document in the .CSV (Comma delimited) file format.
- The import can take a few minutes depending on how much data you are importing. You can continue to use Commusoft while the import runs in the background.
- You can update the import if the prices change for example. To do this, please ensure that the part name is identical, then re-upload and all other fields will update.
You may need to clean your data before you import it into Commusoft. Click here to see how to do this.
- First, go to your system settings. In the list of parts management click 'Parts and prices'.
- You will see a page where you can manually add parts individually. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click into 'Advanced options'.
- If the first row of your spreadsheet contains a title, please tick the box to confirm this. Click 'Upload your CSV file' and select your CSV file from your computer.
- Once you've selected your file you will be asked to select the relevant columns. If the column is named the same as the fields in Commusoft, the system will select these automatically
- Click 'Edit' under each column and select from the dropdown to match the column with the column name.
- Once you've got everything saved, click 'Import'.
- Once you have clicked import you will go back to the setting page. You will receive a notification and an email when the import is complete. This can take a few minutes depending on how much data you are importing. You can continue to use Commusoft while the import runs in the background.