You can add invoices from the desktop in order to receive payment from a customer/work address for the job.
Draft invoices can be used if you want your staff to create invoices but you want to check before it gets sent. They can also be used in instances where you want to check the invoice before it goes to your accounting package or if you want to come back to the invoice at a later date to make changes.
- In order to add a draft invoice, first, use the search bar to locate the customer/work address you want to add an invoice for and open their profile.
- In the 'Ongoing work' section click View on your chosen job.
- You can now see all of the details related to that job, including its overview, diary events and parts.
- Click invoices at the top of the page and then 'Add new invoice' on the right-hand side.
- Fill in the details of the invoice.
- Once you have completed the form, click 'Advanced options' at the bottom of the page, and tick the box to mark the invoice as a draft. Click 'Save' in the bottom right corner to create the invoice.
Converting invoices to 'Active'
You will be able to convert a draft invoice to an active one easily. Once the invoice has been saved as a draft, you will see a banner on the page inviting you to 'Convert draft invoice to invoice':
- You will be asked to confirm this action before the draft is converted. Type 'Save' into the dialogue box and click 'Save draft as invoice'.
- You can also delete the invoice whilst in its draft stage by using the 'Quick links' dropdown menu:
- Please note, you cannot recover it once deleted and you would have to create the invoice (draft) from scratch once more. You can, however, re-save the draft as an invoice if you have not yet sent it off.
- The edit button next to the 'Invoice breakdown' will allow you to make any amendments you need to before converting the invoice.