You can add invoices from the desktop in order to receive payment from a customer/work address for the job.
Draft invoices can be used for the following:
- If you want your staff to create invoices but you want to check before it gets sent.
- If you want to check the invoice before it goes to your accounting package.
- If you want to come back to the invoice at a later date to make changes.
How to add a draft invoice:
- Use the search bar to locate the customer/work address you want to add an invoice for and press Enter on your keyboard.
(Or search for the job number, select it from the list and skip to step 4).
- You will then see a list of customers/work addresses that are related to your search.
- Click on the name of the customer/work address to open their account. In the section labelled Ongoing work click View on the job you wish to view.
- You can now see all of the details related to that job, including its overview, diary events and parts.
- Click Invoices at the top of the page. Click Add new invoice on the right-hand side.
- You will see a page where you can add details to your invoice. Fill in the details of the invoice.
- Once you have completed the form, click Advanced options at the bottom of the page, and tick the box to mark the invoice as a draft. Click Save in the bottom right corner to create the invoice.
Converting draft invoices to 'Active'
You will be able to convert a draft invoice to an active one easily. Once the invoice has been saved as a draft, you will see a banner on the page inviting you to 'Convert draft invoice to invoice':
You will be asked to confirm this action before the draft is converted. Type 'Save' into the dialogue box and click 'Save draft as invoice'.
You can also delete the invoice whilst in its draft stage by using the 'Quick links' dropdown menu:
Please note, you cannot recover it once deleted and you would have to create the invoice (draft) from scratch once more. You can, however, re-save the draft as an invoice if you have not yet sent it off.
The edit button next to the 'Invoice breakdown' will allow you to make any amendments you need to before converting the invoice.