Purpose: Maintaining up-to-date customer contact details facilitates efficient customer service, adapts to changing circumstances, and ultimately contributes to long-lasting customer satisfaction and loyalty.
Accurate contact information enables a personalised approach, demonstrating that the customer is valued and remembered. This is particularly important in respecting their communication preferences and ensuring you are GDPR compliant.
- Manual communications can still be sent if the contact information is added and the preference is not selected
- If a customer is not receiving an automatic communication, check the preference is selected for their contact
- SMS preference will not display if you do not have SMS enabled on your account
- Primary contact is only available for private customer type(s)
- Editing a contact will update all historical data
- Deleted customers cannot be restored
Navigate to customer/work address dashboard > Contacts
Adding a contact
Add new contact - Enter contact details
- Title - Select from dropdown
- Name - Type customer first name
- Surname - Required field
- Office - Click field name to change phone number type > Click flag to change area code > Type phone number > Add phone number
When entering information in a field that relates to a communication preference, the preference is ticked automatically. Tick/untick the preferences as per the customer's request.
Set a clear point of communication with a primary contact for private customers. All documentation for this customer will be addressed to this contact and this contact name will be displayed in the details side panel.
Locate contact > Actions > Set as primary contact > Type ‘primary’ > Save
Editing a contact
Locate contact > Actions > Edit
Deleting a contact
Locate contact > Actions > Delete