You can change the primary contact if you communicate with someone else more than the current primary contact. You can have several contacts, but you can only have one primary contact.
- Open the customer page and go to the 'Contacts' tab.
- This will bring up a list of your current, existing contacts.
- Click 'Set as primary contact' next to the person you wish to become the primary contact.
Confirm in the dialogue box and click save to apply this change.
- If you change the primary contact of a customer, all documentation (invoices, job sheets, estimates etc) will be addressed to them.
- You can search for either contact name and the customer will appear in the search results.
- You can easily revert these changes by making another contact the primary contact.
If your customers aren't receiving your communications as they should be, check that communication preferences are correct for the customer when you create them or change the primary contact. Click here to learn how to edit communication preferences.