Outside of creating events from an individuals profile or directly onto the work address, you can also create events directly through the diary itself. The 'Diary' tab will take you to your diary display.
- First, find the engineer/date/time for the event, click on the time you want the event to start and drag and release to the time you want it to end.
- If you wish to create a morning or afternoon event click the AM or PM sections at the top of the daily view. To create an all-day event, click, hold and drag from the top of AM down to the bottom of PM.
- When you release your mouse button a sidebar will open on the right of the page. This is where you use the tabs, forms, and dropdowns to create your event.
- Navigate through the tabs across the top of the 'Add new event' sidebar.
- Fill in the form with the relevant information. Click 'Save' and the new event will appear in the diary.
Normal - This will allow you to type a description and notes without choosing a property, or template. This means you can use this to remind the engineer of their annual progress meeting, or that they have the afternoon off for example.
Estimate - This is the form you will use when adding an estimate to the diary. It will give you all the relevant spaces to put the details the engineer will need. Once created, you can still make edits by clicking into the event on the diary and using the 'Edit' button presented in the side panel.
Job - This is the form you will use when adding a job to the diary. It will give you all the relevant spaces to put the details the engineer will need. You will need to search for the property in the side panel in order to add a job to it.
Fill in the form with the relevant information. Click 'Save' and the new event will appear in the diary. Click the diary event to open a side panel giving you a summary of all the information regarding the event, you can make edits here using the 'Edit' button.