Once your new account has been set up by our team, you will receive a welcome email with log in details and a link on Getting started with Commusoft.
- Once the Setup wizard is complete you can use your account straight away.
- It is recommended to set up the basics fully before you start using the account.
Logging in to Commusoft for the First time
You will receive the below details in the welcome email.
- Commusoft Account ID:
- Password: Click here to access your account and create a password.
- This link will expire in 24 hours - How do I change my password?
- Once logged in, complete the setup wizard. Here's what you will need to know beforehand: Setup wizard
Preparing for integrations
- Check out - Integrate Commusoft with Other Software
- There are a lot of things to consider before you complete any integrations and imports with Commusoft. So let us know which integrations you would like and we can provide you with the information needed.
- Check your PC/Laptop or Macs and Phone/Tablets meet the right spec
- Log in via the browser, go to https://app.commusoft.co.uk
- Download the mobile app:
Set up your users
- Adding a User
- You do not have to add all users right away.
- Each user requires a licence. To review your existing licences, check out Licences.
- User access and status - Set the security access for each user.
- Security roles (differences and definitions) - Assign a Role level to each user.
Know the basics
We recommend you start your learning with
Some important settings to set before you add customers:
Settings allow you to customise your software to your own preferences. All settings require your attention, below are the ones we think are most important to complete first:
- Profile icon > Settings.
Use our simple and smart letterhead or upload your own company letterhead and footer. These will appear on the top/bottom of all letters you produce within Commusoft.
Configure these options to allow you to observe and change the way in which your diary operates.
Setting up SMTP
Emailing directly through Commusoft using your email address.
Your company email signature will appear at the bottom of all emails sent via Commusoft.
Change branding colours
Customise the colours which are used on PDFs such as invoices and estimates.
Web users: (Basic outline)
Add a test Customer and a test Work address
This will be your test account so add all the correct details relating to you, so you are a customer in Commusoft. Use this test account moving forward as the place to make your mistakes, learn, train and check your settings.
Add a Job to your test Customer
Add an Invoice to your test Job
Add a Job to your test Work address
Search the test work address > add job > book appointment(s) for job > action appointment on mobile and action job when not using mobile app > Close job by marking as free of charge or abort or create invoice > allocate a payment to invoice.
Add an Estimate to your test Customer
Search the test customer address > add estimate > book appointment for the estimate and without appointment > action appointment on mobile or action estimate when not using mobile app > fill in estimate > accept or reject the estimate.
Mobile app user: (Basic outline)
- Accept or Reject - All appointments at the start of the day OR the night before.
- View Notes & Access Method - All appointments at the start of the day OR the night before.
- Travel or Abort - Key in the ignition rule or If pulled off OR cannot continue.
- Arrive or No Access - Foot in the door rule OR Take a photo and leave informative feedback.
- Assets - Check/Add/update.
- Technical references - Check/Add/update.
- Job diary history - View.
- Property history - View.
- Attach files - View.
- Take Photo - Add/view.
- Complete Certificate - View/clone.
- Office Task - Set for a web user when a more visible notification is required i.e. important, needed, mistakes on input, input missed.
- Job report - Complete a detailed and informative report. This can also be updated throughout the time on the job.
- Leave - Once the works are completed/handing over to the customer.
- Make as complete, YES if you need to invoice or NO if you need to attend again.
While the client services team may not provide step-by-step guidance through a specific task that falls into your training, they are more than happy to direct you to the right resources and offer guidance on how to access features. Their goal is to help you get started with confidence and resolve any software-related issues you may encounter. Don't hesitate to reach out when you need assistance – they're here to assist you.
How to Contact:
- Email: Send your queries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: Call 020 3026 6266, select Option 2, and enter your Account ID.
- Support is available Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, excluding public holidays.
Commusoft, being a sizable and intricate software platform, understands that users may encounter challenges in recalling less frequent tasks. To address this, we have curated a continuously evolving collection of resources aimed at simplifying the process of refreshing your memory and swiftly moving forward with your tasks.
- Staying Updated
- Utilize the in-application announcements icon located at the top right of your screen.
- Receive notifications about product news, webinars, feature spotlights, and system updates.
- Knowledge Base
- Find a wealth of videos and guides on system usage.
- Access it anytime by clicking your 'Profile icon > Help' at the top right of your screen.
- Access video tutorials directly from Commusoft whenever needed.
- Business Blog
- Explore valuable insights, tips, and success stories designed to help grow your business.
- Focus on strategies for improving processes, streamlining paperwork, and generating more job opportunities.
- Commusoft System Status
- Keep track of our system's performance, including maintenance times, system downtime, and server status.
- In the event of service disruptions, you'll find updates posted here, and you can also subscribe for email notifications.