In order for Commusoft to 'communicate' with Sage desktop, you will be required to install a program called the 'Sage interface'.
- Integration must be completed on the PC/Server which runs the Sage Database and must have an instance of Sage Client.
- The sage interface must only be installed once and this must be on the main Sage PC/Server only.
- Full administrator privileges/rights are required to install the sage interface.
- Sage client must be closed before starting the sage interface.
- Anti Virus - If the PC/Server has anti-virus software installed, you may need to allow for the download to be completed and add exclusion once installed.
Add expectation/exclusions for the sage interface:
Folder - C:\Program Files (x86)\SageInterface
Program - SageInterfaceService.exe
- Windows - At times when Windows updates or as the PC boots up, our service may not start correctly, as all Windows services and processes take priority. You can set the service to Automatic (Delayed Start) to reduce this and set the service to recover itself, too.
Installing the sage interface during integration setup
1. In the setup integration steps, you will see a link to download the sage interface. The download file for the sage interface will be downloaded to your PC/Server downloads area.
2. Locate the file and you must right-click on the file and select 'Run as administrator'.
3. Once installed, open 'Services' & 'Event Viewer' on the Sage PC/Server. The services take 10 mins to initialise and these are the checkpoints you will see in Event viewer > Windows Log > Applications. Event Viewer logs
4. When you return to Commusoft, please click the box to let us know you've installed it > click 'Next' and your integration will be complete.
Uninstall and reinstall the Sage interface
1. Go to Windows 'Search' > Type control panel in the search box, click 'Control Panel' > Under 'View by' select 'Large Icons' > click 'Programs and Features' > Click the program 'SageInterface' > Click Uninstall > Click 'Close' to complete the uninstall.
2. Go to Company settings > click 'Accounting interface' > click Quick links > click 'Download Sage interface'. The download file for the Sage interface will be downloaded to your PC/Server downloads area.
3. Locate the file and you must right-click on the file and select 'Run as administrator'.
4. Once installed open 'Services' & 'Event Viewer' on the Sage PC/Server. The services take 10 mins to initialise and these are the checkpoints you will see in Event viewer > Windows Log > Applications. Event Viewer logs
5. When you return to Commusoft > click 'Close'
You must fully read and confirm all credentials when prompted.
- Sage username (required)
- Sage password (required)
- Sage database location (required)
- Vat method (required)
- 20% Vat rate code (required)
- 5% Vat rate code (required)
- 0% Vat rate code (required)
- Domestic reverse 20% vat rate code (Sage 50 Version 27.1 and above only)
- Domestic reverse 5% vat rate code (Sage 50 Version 27.1 and above only)